Title: Contract Manager
Salary: 30k + car allowance
Contracted Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Reports to: National Accounts Manager
The Contract Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the successful delivery of a contract newly awarded to Derwent FM delivering a range of Facilities Management services to two main offices and a number of satellite buildings for South Buckinghamshire and Chiltern Councils.
The candidate will be based at South Bucks HQ in Amersham, Buckinghamshire but will be required to travel sites throughout their working week, a company car will be provided. The candidate will directly manage an in-house FM team specific to the contract, supported by a range of subcontractors to ensure contractual requirements are achieved with assistance from the Area Manager.
- Manage, co-ordinate and drive productivity for the Derwent FM employees on the contract. This will include managing standards, monitoring performance, setting objectives, carrying out disciplinary procedures as required and hiring new staff;
- Liaising with the client responsible for overseeing Derwent FM’s service delivery of the contract;
- Ensure all legislative health and safety compliance measures are met at all times, which will also be measured in both internal and external audits;
- Full budgetary responsibility for the contract as part of which the candidate must ensure all profit targets are met and all contractual spend is in line with the set budget;
- To carry out day to day management of site team to ensure all sickness and absence is covered and all related tasks are carried out as required contractually;
- To manage completion of a Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPMs) programme and reactive tasks in line with the service level agreements of the contract;
- Ensure an asset list for all items of the contract is kept up to date;
- Identify and pursue further improvement works to the Council’s portfolio of buildings to ensure value for money for both parties;
- To attend and chair regular (minimum monthly) Client meetings, at which the candidate will be required to present on Derwent FM’s performance;
- On occasion the candidate may be required to work outside of their scheduled contractual hours either on evenings or weekends;
- Manage documentation system for the contract to ensure compliance at all times with necessary legislation, best practice and company requirements;
- To document and submit informative and detailed monthly (or as required) reports on time to the Area Manager and Client;
- To ensure that the staff rota is always covered (in hours and out of hours) and that adequate cover for holidays and absence so sufficient staffing levels are maintained;
- To identify and drive ways in which the team can further improve performance and service delivery to customers;
- To ensure a clear knowledge and understanding of team objectives and priorities and how the individual role will contribute to the achievements;
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues within the team through training, coaching and adopting good team ethics;
- To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant staff, departments, services, policies and procedures in relation to the role;
- To have an understanding of the key business priorities and performance indicators related to Derwent FM;
- To develop Derwent FM’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken;
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
Please note: The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holders capabilities may be required. The duties will evolve and be modified by changes within the company.
Skills (includes Key Competencies)
- Excellent organisational and communication skill;
- High level of competency in IT programmes including Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time;
- Self motivation to drive improvements in the operational output of the site;
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly;
- Able to exercise initiative and prioritise duties accordingly;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance;
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written forms;
- Strong Client management skills;
- Confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consulting as appropriate;
- Understanding customer needs, requirements and how to deal with a range of individuals professionally;
- Self-motivated with a commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery;
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- A commitment to the principles of good environmental practice.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Facilities Management or related role, as a minimum in Supervisory position or above;
- Understanding of Health & Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working, including the use of cleaning equipment;
- Awareness of Hard FM and Soft FM operations and experience of involvement in both areas.
- The candidate will be required to complete a successful criminal records (DBS) disclosure check.
- Full UK Driving license
- Experienced with a broad knowledge of customer services;
- IOSH or NEBOSH Working Safely Course;
- First Aid qualification;
- Fire Warden qualification;
- National Manager
- Health & Safety Manager
- Team Employees
- Head Office Support
- Client representatives (Facilities Manager)
- Customers (building occupants, visitors etc)
- External Sub-Contractors;
To apply for the position please send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com